This position is focused on growing both the sales and margin of Staples Technology Solutions (STS) Print offering (transactional print hardware, print continuum up to and including a full Managed Print Services solution) in a sustainable manner. The position will manage multiple growth initiatives along with the implementation of standardized processes, tools and methodologies to support activities related to STS Print offering growth within the Commercial Market sales team. The Field Sales Director will be the liaison between the field sales organization and the various functional categories that support STS, which include Sales Leadership, Operational Support teams, merchandising, marketing, ecommerce, supply chain, vendors, et al.
- Lead and expand the Western Region STS Print sales team, including direct management of multiple Account Executives and Account Managers.
- Develop Commercial Market selling initiatives to help reach aggressive growth goals.
- Project Manage implementation of growth initiatives across sales and functional support teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and document processes required to support cross-sell activities between STS Print and the Staples office products divisions.
- Monitor implementation and track progress resolving issues as they arise.
- Develop, present and lead update and initiative progress presentations to Senior leadership.
- Collaborate with marketing to shape the message/positioning that will establish Staples as a destination for Print Continuum.
- Work with field sales leadership to determine the best ways to drive Print offering sales; develop plans/campaigns to increase sales and margin.
- Provide input to ecommerce leadership regarding the needs of Technology from an ecommerce perspective.
- Work closely with merchandising to insure that we have the appropriate portfolio / product selection.
- Work with business and finance leaders to measure operating performance.
- Help determine organization and structural improvements to increase profitability.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in either technology, Print or MPS, ecommerce sales and leading teams
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and other web-based methods of driving sales growth.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, matrix organizational structure
- Exceptional written communication skills (for presentation to ‘C’ level)
- Problem solver
- Strong analytical skills
- Hard working and ability to juggle several high pressure/high profile projects at once
- Self-driven with the ability to define own responsibilities and workstreams
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience managing a team located in numerous locations across the country
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.