Are you looking to change careers or a recent/upcoming college grad looking to get your foot in the door at a fortune 500 company? Are you a go getter, who is outgoing, competitive and customer and/or service oriented? If so, here’s a great opportunity to join the business-to-business sales force of one of the world’s most recognized and respected companies — Staples Advantage®. We are the Contract Sales Division of Staples, Inc. and focus on serving small to mid-sized businesses. We are currently expanding our outside sales teams to further extend our reach to small/mid-sized business customers who will benefit from what Staples has to offer.
We are currently seeking motivated, high-energy Account Managers to focus on forming new partnerships with small to mid-size businesses in a defined geography. Account Managers are the feet on the street, meeting new small business customers every day and selling the many benefits of the Staples network. This is a fast paced job, where you will receive extensive and ongoing training, one on one coaching from your manager and a ton of recognition for your hard work.
Primary Responsibilities: In this position the right candidate will:
- Work with a defined sales and activity quota focusing on initiating and maintaining relationships with multi-level decision-makers through phone, in-person contacts, and presentations.
- Leverage systems and tools to develop a list of warm customer leads – resulting in a new and expanded customer base.
- Follow the proven Staples selling process when researching, calling on and winning the customer over, ultimately closing the sale.
- Make customer focused presentations using an iPad to sell the benefits of Staples, review pricing and/or answer customer questions.
- Social selling, leverage social media when researching prospects and/or selling to customers.
- Maintaining and growing new customers in addition to a group of pre-assigned, existing Staples Advantage accounts.
- Working out of a home office, the majority of work week will be in the field, meeting with new prospects and current customers.
- Local travel – up to 80% of the week.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be results oriented and driven by both financial and career opportunities
• Demonstrated strong time management skills, self-accountability.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with and/or familiarity using an IPad or tablet.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Carry up to 10 pounds
• Reliable transportation
• College degree
• Independent, takes initiative
• Proven self-starter with energy and motivation to find, develop and close sales
• Quick learner, flexible, adaptable
• Ability to succeed in a competitive selling environment
• Knowledge of products, pricing, competition and sales objectives
• Industry knowledge a plus
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law