Responsible for creating a high performing team that is focused on putting the customer first. Accountable for total store operations, customer service and merchandising activities. Establish and maintain an environment that supports and strengthens Staples brand.
- Store Operations/Results: Accountable for flawless execution of all operational responsibilities, including, but not limited to, In Stock For the Customer (IS4TC), Planogram integrity, and Inventory Mgmt. Drive profitable sales and margin by fostering a sense of urgency in others to achieve their work
- Leadership: Engage and inspire store teams to achieve maximum performance. Model behavior that fosters a sense of energy, ownership, teamwork and personal commitment. Regularly coach store associates and set clear performance expectations. Share responsibility for the “Manager on duty” program and all Sales driving initiatives
- People Management: Pursues, attracts, hires, coaches and retains talented associates for key roles. Seeks diverse ideas and points of view to achieve business success. Responsible for ensuring that the store culture embodies Staples values and Staples commitment to the community
- Selling & Customer Service: Consistently search for ways to improve the customer experience. Demonstrate and teach consultative selling behaviors. Partner with other store managers to support Staples business services by generating sales leads and coaching associates to do the same
- Champion Staples Values: Own it, Say it Like it is, Be Caring, Keep it Simple, and Work Together
- Model our Commitments: Put the Customer First, Take Appropriate Risks, Be Fast & Flexible, Raise the Bar and Challenge Yourself
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to Three years progressively responsible store management experience in a retail environment or service industry
Preferred skills and experience:
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.