Assists in the procurement of non-stock supplies for the business unit, with emphasis on technology products. Works with other purchasing staff, sales force, and customer service personnel on a daily basis. Interacts with management team and contacts vendors on an as needed basis. Interacts with customers when necessary. Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as equipment, parts, supplies, printing, and advertising according to company purchasing guidelines.
• Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy and completeness
• Prepares purchase orders for non-stock or custom order products
• Reviews bid proposals; may negotiate prices within budgetary limitations, and scope of authority, and company purchasing guidelines
• Confers with Sales Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, and vendors to obtain and provide product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
• May determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid
• 4+ years sourcing experience if High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years sourcing experience if Associate or Technical Degree
• Basic mathematical aptitude to solve problems such as percentages, spreads, margins, etc.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel
• Detail oriented, accuracy and ability to multi-task, strong communication skills
• Knowledge of procurement methods and practices
• Knowledge of computing devices and sources of supply
• Ability to compose effective and efficient reports and correspondence
• Ability to use tact and skill in dealing with other staff, vendors and customers
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.