This role supports the merchandising organization in managing a product line or a group of product lines for the sales, margin, and supply chain impact in the Staples retail business. This involves developing an understanding of the customer through research efforts, site reviews, and other activities to assist the organization in developing selling strategies inspired by the customer. Key activities include ad-hoc financial planning and analysis, promotional planning, site merchandising, advertising, SKU, set-up/maintenance and communications.
· Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
· Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts
· With direction from the Merchants, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
· Keep assortment planner template organized and updated, ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
· Collect and organize product information from vendors
· Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Vendors, Supply Chain and Inventory to create Staples Contract catalogs and other promotional marketing material such as online banners, flyers and emails
Maintain promo and ad databases/spreadsheets with all information/changes for pricing, images, bid amounts, product copy etc.
· Process RTVs, price changes and price protections
· Execute and communicate product disposition process
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• A minimum 1 year prior work experience in a retail environment, merchandising, sales, procurement or inventory
• Organizational skills
• Financial / Analytical experience
• Ability to work independently
• Immediate level systems experience with database and spreadsheets (Excel)
• Retail experience helpful
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.