This role is to support the Contract Merchandising organization in managing product line or group of product lines for sales, margin and supply chain. This involves research, ad hoc financial planning and analysis, SKU set-up/maintenance and communications.
• Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
• Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts
• With direction from the Merchant(s), conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
• Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
• Collect and organize product information from vendors
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Vendors, Supply Chain and Inventory to create Staples Contract catalogs and other promotional marketing material such as online banners, flyers and emails
• Maintain promo and ad databases/spreadsheets with all information/changes for pricing, images, bid amounts, product copy etc.
• Process RTVs, price changes, and price protections
• Execute and communicate product disposition process
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum 1 year prior work experience in merchandising or Financial / Analytical analysis
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work independently
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.