Source and present apparel, headwear and ad spec merchandise to clients. Make sure the program meets target expectations for SKU’s, margins, and client satisfaction.
Develop and maintain all speed sku product menus for client projects. Execute art and decoration requests. Confirm product pricing and complete PowerPoint presentations when requested by Team.Communicate with vendors regarding product and sample features, availability, and cost. Follow-up on all product details for customer catalogs/websites, provide merchandise layout direction.Travel as needed to other site locations Kansas City/Orange City; annual account visits; tradeshows as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities
Innovation and Change:
- Initiates the need for change in policies and procedures and identifies opportunities for improvementin current processes – coordinates with other departments
- Develops new processes/techniques for new and existing customer presentations in order to ensure the best customer experience.
- Travel to Customer locations for various Sales/Program needs.
- Key contact for product vendors. Collaborates with vendors in order to obtain product and trend information that supports SPP goals.
- Conducts research/ comparison of relevant industry competitors to ensure we are staying current.
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs by partnering with Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Merchandising and Account Services Teams
- Ability to communicate and present with a high degree of professionalism with both internal and external audiences
- This person will be a key go to for newer associates within the department and be able to provide help with SPP processes and merchandising questions.
- Business Strategy:
- Develops product ideas that represent SPPs expertise and creativity.
- Manages sample budgets and ensures that resources are used effectively to ensure best customer experience and profitability.
KPIs– Key Performance Indicators
- Increase sales and present product ideas and trends from Staples Promotional Product’s preferred vendors that our Clients like.
- Execute product ideas on time, on brand and determines the effectiveness
- 4-6 Years relevant work experience in product marketing, merchandising or related field.
- Must have a passion for Retail shopping and merchandise
- Understands trends for every industry that impacts the promotional product business and Shows eagerness and excitement to stay in front of these trends
- Experience planning, managing and executing successful product ideas that impact business goals.
- Strong “business” communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external stakeholders and support functions.
- Solid presentation skills and experience presenting to large groups.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Possess professional acumen and skills in salesmanship.
- Strong ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
- Requires a self-motivated and energetic personality.
- Solid PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Teamwork and flexibility are essential.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize under pressure.
- Must demonstrate good judgment in all aspects.
- Bachelors Degree, Merchandising Degree preferred
- Mentoring and training skills are a plus.
- Social media knowledge a plus