This role will work closely with cross-functional teams (Marketing, eCommerce, Strategy, Merchandising, Sales, Pricing, Promotions, Inventory and internal advertising agency) and external vendors to develop and execute mid-market, commercial, and enterprise marketing strategy aligned with Staples Contract objectives to drive incremental sales for targeted categories. Specifically, this person will be responsible for the strategic development and day to day execution of the Furniture, Office Products, and Staples Brand marketing plans and supporting marketing materials (i.e., digital, email, catalogs, social, direct mail, etc.), customer/sales research, public relations & measurement of promotional effectiveness.
- Direct the development, management and implementation of product marketing activities that will generate new business and effectively increase existing customer sales and profitability
- Collaborate with merchandising, pricing, sales, acquisition, lifecycle, and other teams to develop marketing plans to acquire new customers, drive product demand, grow sales & margin, and increase share of wallet with existing customers
- Collaborate with analysts and strategy teams on developing customer contact, segmentation and modeling strategies
- Develop and manage marketing research and analysis including competitive information, company and industry trending, and customer preferences. Conduct consistent reporting on campaign analytics and engage with supporting centers of excellence to continuously optimize and personalize go-forward initiatives
- Partner with Product Marketing in other business units (Retail, Quill) to drive initiatives and share best practices, leverage creative and campaigns
- Leverage emerging market and customer data and collaborate with other business intelligence teams to ensure communication is reaching the right audience at the right time with the right message
- Works with external suppliers such as creative agencies, PR agency and others
- Lead, develop and mentor team member(s) and make Staples Business Advantage an even greater place to work
- Focus on team members’ development through IDP
- Utilize rewards and recognition as appropriate to build motivation
- Oversee responsibilities and performance of team, conduct full performance appraisals and coaching for direct reports, review and approve pay actions for indirect reports
- Position is responsible for defining, modifying and executing on short-to mid-term objectives and contributing to long-term objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or Communications
- 6-8 years of strategic and executional marketing experience, preferably in B2B; experience with a large sales force is helpful
- MBA and general management experience preferred
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and creative problem-solving activities
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of senior management and work cross functionally within a complex matrixed organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
Make More Happen with a career at Staples! Apply now!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.