The Marketing Research Manager is a research position within the Customer Insights function. Reporting to the Director of Customer Insights at Staples, the Marketing Research Manager works with internal clients in strategically planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research to help support the marketing & merchandising teams with their business decisions. The position requires helping Staples deeper understanding of customers and target customers. The role includes leveraging state-of-the-art research methodologies to fulfill these goals.
· Develop relationships with key clients across the business units to probe accordingly to identify their insights need
· Think strategically to design & manage research solutions to deliver key insights to business partners.
· Identify appropriate research approaches to evaluate and inform key business questions and challenges
· Independently manage ad hoc research activities to support marketing initiatives
· Conduct secondary research, as required
Qualifications and Requirements: Conduct ad-hoc research studies per business needs
· Bachelors of Science in Business, Marketing or a related discipline. Masters or MBA preferred.
· Minimum 8 years of experience in marketing research, including some corporate research experience. Preference for experience with both B2C and B2B projects, and Retail experience desirable.
· Strong strategic and analytic thinking skills.
· Strong project management skills
· Well versed in a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (e.g. focus groups, in-depth interviews, online boards, conjoint studies, segmentation studies, turf analysis)
· Comfortable in a consultative role and with presenting to senior managers
· Strong writing skills for questionnaire development, discussion guide development and report writing
· Proven ability to partner effectively, across functions and business units.
· Evaluate, select and manage research vendors
· MS Word, Excel, PPT fluent
· Some travel required
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.