The role of the Associate Art Director is to support the Art Directors and Supervising Art Director with various graphic tasks such as COB’s, Social Media and Blog imagery and posting, file management, creation of presentations and client responses, manage assets, etc. The AAD must be well educated in brand guidelines, image editing, COB and color correcting and file management
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business
- Edit and deliver product and lifestyle imagery
- Align our brand guidelines with presentations
- Manage the brand and its assets internally
- Responsible for the creation of artwork for social media platforms and the corporate blog
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to build and maintain an effective creative solution
- Assist the Art Directors with quick-turn projects and large scope of work deliverablesInnovation and Change
- Improvements to procedures, services, products
- Development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products
Innovation and Change
- Associate Art Directors recommend work flow change to optimize number of projects the team can produce.
- Must be effective in adapting to fast-moving environment with varying tasks, responsibilities or people.
- Excellent in prioritizing work and time management
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Associate Art Director will work with the in-house creative agency servicing the Corporate Marketing and Acquisition and Retention Services teams
- Strong business communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate with mid- level internal and external stakeholders and support functions.
- Coordinate with copywriters and videographers to deliver assets and projects on time and on brand
KPIS-Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver projects on time and accurately
- Manage multiple projects at one time; prioritizing work based on importance to SPP and deadline.
- Well versed in assigned branding guidelines and ability to implement across multiple platforms/mediums
- The Associate Art Director guides the application, concepts and recommendations for projects based on their knowledge and understanding of best practices.
- The Associate Art Director must prioritize work from many clients and sources, choosing which projects to complete first. This includes both work directly assigned to them as well as unassigned work which must be balanced throughout the team.
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements)
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Web Development, Communications, or related field
- 0-3 years relevant work experience in creative field
- Intermediate design skills
- Thorough understanding of brand positioning and application
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver
- Experience in HTML and CSS a plus
- Intermediate design, layout and aesthetic skills
- Basic understanding of UX design a plus
- Mac and PC skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.