Staples is one of the world’s top five internet retailers and committed to building a best in class online customer experience. Opportunities within our Global eCommerce Division may include;
Online Customer Experience
Online Services and Business Development
Global eCommerce Analytics
Program Management Office
Overview and responsibilities within each team:
The Online Customer Experience team builds digital products that enables personalized and frictionless shopping experiences for our customers across various touch points in our stores, online and our call centers. You will:
The Online Services and Business Development team focuses on growing online sales of Services (printing, promotions and other business services) and product/services innovation such as 3D printing. You will:
- Product manages experiences in the browse/SKU path resulting in increased conversion and reduction of bounce rate.
- Manage program expansion to drive review volume and product coverage; includes working with 3rd party, building vendor pipeline and developing cadence for program readout and reporting.
- Identify how site content quality impacts search performance and define how merchants can get the most and best utilization of search. Partner with mobile team to develop insights into next generation mobile search. Develop reporting frameworks for next generation search engine proof of concept tests.
- Assist with building and launching a new marketing services related business for Staples. Work closely alongside the core team and gain valuable, real world experience in corporate entrepreneurship.
- Research and present a plan on content strategy (i.e. inspirational, DIY, business, etc.) to best serve our core customer and best sell our products and services.
- Research and present a plan for a life event based Copy and Print site/experience.
- Research and outline a plan on what types of user experience tests we should be conducting to learn more about how our customer shops.
- Research and present a plan on how Staples should be customizing and personalizing the online experience for our customers. This will be a deep dive into our vertical strategy.
The Omni Channel team is responsible for building digital and in store experiences that allow customers to shop whenever, wherever and however they want to. They partner closely with our Retail Store Operations team and our online teams to build programs such as Buy Online, Pickup In Store and our Customer in store ordering Kiosk. You will:
- Scope and Design a ‘Digital Retail Store’ that appeals to Staples Customers.
- Research and benchmarking competitors.
- Identify what assortment and services are relevant/appropriate.
The Global e-Commerce Analytics team is dedicated to supporting the Business by providing data driven insights about business performance. The team is responsible for web site, customer, marketing campaign, and product/merchandising analytics which will allow the Business to strategize more effectively make better decisions and drive customer acquisitions, overall revenue growth and business efficiencies will result in savings to the Business. You will:
- Support overhaul of analytic needs related to Reinvention initiatives, inclusive of evaluation of any tests in market, further developing comprehensive tests to be created.
The Program Management Office is responsible for driving the successful delivery of strategic growth initiatives through proactive, disciplined project planning & management. You will:
- Evaluate the gains (sales and profit) from the investment of projects launched in 2015 and calculate ROI.
Staples is transforming and we want you to be part of creating a seamless and integrated omni-channel shopping experience for our customers. We’re building change from the ground up and developing the next generation of a global eCommerce platform using innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies.
Drive innovation with us. Be part of a growing team of talented professionals that are passionate about building the next generation of eCommerce. Our startup-like culture is collaborative, fun, competitive, and we find any reason to celebrate success. You will be given the chance to innovate, problem-solve, and be creative in a culture that encourages you to challenge yourself and follow your career aspirations in our high-performance environment.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field, working towards an MBA
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong organizational and project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.