We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the next generation global commerce platform team. To be part of this high achieving team you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, a self- motivated achiever, and excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. Our vision is to bring world-class e-Commerce expertise not only to Staples.com but also to our other web businesses in North American and globally across 26 countries over time.Our vision is to bring world-class e-Commerce expertise not only to Staples.com but also to our other web businesses in North America.
• Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features.
• Work with engineers and other cross functional teams such as Product Management, Release Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles
• Develop industry and product technical expertise by following and championing development best practices
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of total experience
• Minimum of 2 year of experience on Java & Spring technologies
• 2 years of experience with a database technology such as Oracle
• 2 years of experience with NoSQL data stores.
• 2 years of experience using a distributed version control system such as GIT
• High proficiency in design patterns.
• Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills with attention to detail
• Experience working with Authentication & Authorization, RBAC
• Experience working with Netflix OSS technologies such as Eureka, Hystrix, Zuul
• Prior experience working in an Ecommerce company
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.