We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer ecomm to join the next generation Global ecommerce team. To be part of this high achieving team, you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, be a self- motivated achiever and be excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. You actively contribute to Staples rich User Interface component and framework development. A broader team of experienced engineers to help facilitate knowledge and career growth will also support this position.
Our vision is to bring world-class e-Commerce platform not only to Staples.com but also to our other web businesses in North American and globally across 26 countries over time.
• Act as a passionate UI engineer for the Staples global eCommerce portfolio.
• Be a strong contributor to build and enhance user interface/presentation layer for Staples different business property, working with the business, IT, and QA partners to identify solutions, contributing to overall design, proof-of-concept development, technical strategy, and coordinating with external teams and vendors.
• Design and develop framework and components more reliable, maintainable, and scalable.
• Actively participate in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle including define, design, development, test, deployment, and support and maintenance of the Staples global platform.
• Create technical specification documents for new functionality and ensure that new solutions integrate seamlessly with existing technologies.
• Provide design directives to other software engineers, including how to construct and integrate software components in order to meet all functional and non-functional requirements.
• 5-8 years or more of total experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Comfortable with version control system (GIT).
• Experience in AngularJS and/or ReactJS.
• Experience in NodeJs is preferred.
• Experience in build tools like Gulp, Grunt or Webpack is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of caching technologies, including Akamai.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility.
• Performance optimization best practices and performance tuning following industry techniques.
• General understanding of application security standards and best practices.
• General knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, threading and modularization.
• General knowledge and experience of developing Microservices
• Experience building e-commerce platforms using off-the-shelf and open source frameworks.
• Experience in agile methodologies.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.