Are you ready to build something big and exciting? Staples is building next generation financial systems platform using open source technologies that scale to handle large transactions data year-over-year.
We’re looking for a well-rounded principal software engineer with a proven track record for delivering quality, well-designed code. The ideal candidate will have excellent coding skills Java & Oracle, test-driven-development and object-oriented design experience. Solid computer science fundamentals are essential.
• Actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, test automation support and implementation of software functionalities
• Estimate engineering automation effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
• Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are executable easily
• Create and evolve application automation and documentation as required
• Work with engineers and other cross-functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet finance business team's needs.
• Mentor and guide junior team members including offshore members
• Find and help fix bugs and stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
• Support rollouts and be available to resolve issues
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Retail/Order Management/Payment Card systems/Financial systems domain experience is a must
• Oracle large database experience (5 years+) with significant PL/SQL package development experience
• Understanding of Oracle constraints, security, indexes, data model integration, and performance tuning
• DBMS_JOB/Tidal scheduling experience, distributed queries/database links, and associated security
• Advanced DML experience performing queries, defining views, tuning hints, explain plan analysis
• Experience with SQL*Developer or Toad, and SOAP ui.
• 5+ years of Java 1.6+ development experience
• Understanding of Java memory management, garbage collection, and tuning strategies
• Understanding of Spring boot, batch, Tomcat, CXF, SOAP, JBoss, multithreading, extensive collection knowledge
• Strong programming skills and development experience using Core Java 1.6, Apache Axis 1.2, Hibernate, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JAXB, XML, JSON, RABBITMQ,REDIS,JPA,Angular.Js, Bootstrap, HTML and CSS
• Delivering SOA enterprise level projects involving legacy systems
• Understanding web service protocols such as SOAP and Rest.
• Experience delivering solutions in a distributed environment.
• Unix/Linux experience, at least 5 years of working directly on Unix/Linux servers
• Linux/Unix I/O, pipes, stdin,stdout,stderr, I/O redirection, command chaining
• Understanding of Linux permissions, file systems, processes, signals, monitoring, dealing with large files, compression, ssh
• Scripting in Bash and Perl5, including DBI module.
• Understanding of cron & nohup
• Linux security certificate experience, SSH setup
• Strong file system searching skills (find/grep/sed/awk)
• Linux/Unix process and memory monitoring skills
• Application development using Eclipse, MyEclipse and IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Ability to work with multiple teams to solve a problem, where each team has both on and off-shore members and has competing priorities
• Ability to develop monitoring tools for anything that needs to be monitored
• Ability to track deliverables due from others and follow through over long wait times (i.e. not let others drop the ball)
• Willing to work with very inexperienced people that don’t follow through, patience, developing junior team members
• Strong documentation skills for support team SOPs
• Willing to work in highly restrictive environments, where ones control and authority is over a very small dimension of an overall system, only allowed to do certain things, so you must rely on many other teams to accomplish what you already know how to do.
*** THERE IS NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION ***
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.