This position will be performing the accounting for various corporate accounting areas, such as self-insured benefit programs, commercial insurance, restructuring, prepaid expenses, etc., that support the monthly close and reporting process for corporate G&A expenses. In addition, the position will assist with the Company’s external reporting needs and internal control documentation in compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act as it relates to areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with HR, Risk Management and various third parties to ensure self-insured benefit/insurance related activities are properly budgeted and recorded in the balance sheet and the income statement in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare presentations for discussions with business partners related to monthly benefit and insurance results and updated full year forecasts
- Work with the Company’s technical accounting team to resolve questions about the timing, classification and disclosure of benefit and insurance related activities
- Review and reconcile activity related to restructuring plans and special projects
- Reconcile certain corporate accounts such as insurance, restructuring and other liabilities and prepaid expenses
- Prepare, on a quarterly basis, footnote disclosures and various reports and analyses for the external auditors related to areas of responsibility
- Assist in the documentation and testing of internal control documentation related to areas of responsibility
- Two to three years of public and/or private accounting experience
- Strong leadership/communication/documentation skills
- Able to build strong working relationships and collaborate with various business partners
- Excellent customer service skills and strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Excel and Oracle preferred.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.