The Senior Financial Analyst I assists in the effective management of the business performance management process for Financial Services through measurement and reporting. The analyst is responsible for communicating results and drivers as well as highlighting areas of opportunity with a focus on improving operations and increasing the added value of Financial Shared Services.
- Report and analyze Financial Services results monthly; working with cross-functional teams to understand key business drivers and impacts to the forecast
- Conduct various ad hoc analyses, predictive modeling, and report creation as needed
- Prepare the monthly P&L and accrual processes for assigned functions within Financial Shared Services
- Work with the FP&A Manager and process owners to update and maintain relevant key operational dashboards and flash reports across all process areas
- Assist Shared Services teams with planning process improvement projects and productivity initiatives to deliver key improvements
- Provide support and needed inputs for management meetings, routines, and executive summaries
- Utilize knowledge of key trends to support the preparation of the annual budget for Financial Shared Services
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years related experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Access skills
- Proven analytical ability and experience working with large data sets
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.