- Participate in audits of complex, judgmental and specialized
areas. Lead audits of less complex
areas. Adequately plan, scope,
facilitate risk assessment workshops, develop audit programs, analyze audit
evidence, identify audit issues, and propose solutions to be discussed with
senior management to initiate change and improve the effectiveness of the
control environment or business process.
- Prepare comprehensive working papers that are consistent with generally
accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, and internal departmental
- Participate in all activities within assigned projects, including
communicating with client management, establishing project milestones,
monitoring fieldwork progress, providing updates to audit management, and
proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness
and efficiency for the department.
Direct these activities on less complex projects.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to engagement team members, client
management, and senior management. Draft
clear and concise audit reports identifying key risks and value-added
recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the internal control
- Develop and maintain ongoing working relationships and facilitate risk
assessment meetings with client management.
Assist in the identification and analysis of risks and provides input
into the annual audit plan. Serve as a business
advisor by providing client management with advice related to business issues
on special projects.
- Contribute to our positive, team-oriented culture by maintaining
cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing
information, and accepting and providing constructive feedback.
Skills and Education:
- Ideal candidate will have 2 to 4 years of prior business experience,
preferably inclusive of public accounting, internal audit, and/or
multidimensional corporate experience.
- BA or BS in Business required. MBA or MS a plus. Professional certifications preferred (e.g.,
- Good understanding of the professional standards governing the audit
process, and financial and operational auditing and accounting principles. Well developed technical skills are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all
levels of management. Energetic,
passionate, self-motivated, results-oriented professional. Ability to think strategically, multi-task,
and work effectively and efficiently with minimum direction in a team
- Fully developed written and verbal communication skills are required.
Staples is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal,
state, or local law.