Job Summary: Maintains the Inventory and Accounts Payable subsystem within the Assist and Linc financial systems for both US and Canada locations. Manages the Canadian billings. Accurately records and/or validates all inventory and margin transactions in the general ledger for both SPP US and Canada locations. Manages, trains and develops assigned staff a team of Accountants and hourly AP/Billing associates. Primary contact in the organization for numerous gross margin, inventory and AP issues
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business
- Manages a team of accountants with various job functions which includes hiring, training, development and performance management.
- Completes month end close processes including creating journal entries and reviewing of team journal entries.
- Reviews and/or correct PO receipts, invoiced margins, revenue components, etc.
- Maintains efficient Accounting flow of inventory and margin transactions within three unique systems (KAPS, AiLinc and Assist) averaging about $45M in inventory.
- Reconciles numerous balance sheet accounts and resolve outstanding items.
- Calculates and records monthly fixed asset depreciation and provides annual reporting to corporate for income tax calculation purposes.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and analysis to various levels of management.
- Reviews and approves customer rebate calculations and check requests $8M - $10M/yr.
- Facilitates internal financial audits, customer margin audits and customer rebate audits.
- Reconciles sales and margins between data warehouse and financial statements.
- Tracks and reconcile all costs related to imported goods.
Innovation and Change
- Review personal and team functions on a regular basis and implement change in order to gain efficiencies.
- Coordinate with IT and Procurement to drive more suppliers towards invoicing us electronically through EDI to validate accuracy of inbound inventory.
- Coordinate with Billing team to improve billing procedures to accurately reflect charges to COGS
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Create month end inventory reporting package for Corporate.
- Provide organizational support related to order processing and inventory transactions.
- Suppliers/ Business owners
- Oversees responsibilities and performance of team.
- Conduct full performance appraisals and coaching for direct reports.
- Review and approve pay actions for indirect reports
- Drive good inventory management and minimize obsolete inventory
KPIS-Key Performance Indicators
- Complete all journal entries to achieve tight month end close deadline of 10 business hours.
- Inventory is valued accurately and margins are recorded correctly.
- Manage Customer volume rebates to insure accuracy, compliance to contractual terms and timely payment
- Accounts with suppliers need to stay in good standing to avoid credit holds with suppliers
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and other financial data.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple takes simultaneously
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills.
- Motivated individual who can think outside the box, open to taking on new projects and is a problem-solver.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access & Word)
- High level of organizational skills
- Good Customer Service Skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to work well will other team members and management
Professional Certifications / Licenses
- CPA may be preferred but not required