About Staples and The Agency at Staples
the largest provider of office products and the second largest e-tailer in the
world. Headquartered outside Boston, we are committed to making it easy for
consumers and businesses to make more happen. Staples offers a diverse and
inclusive work environment for our 90,000 associates in 27 countries around the
We are looking for a Senior UI Visual Designer to join our eCommerce
User Experience team. At Staples you will have the opportunity to apply your
design skills to multiple projects with a focus on creative problem solving,
tackling complex user experience problems and execution of design solutions.
You will work closely with other members of the Visual design team, as well as
UX Architects and Researchers.
As part of a larger team you will be leading
and working on projects supporting Staples.com, Staples Business Advantage,
mobile web/applications and in store properties.
Through your visual design and
storytelling talent you will align creative execution with business strategy,
brand presentation and user experience. You will execute compelling concepts and
apply strong visual design while combining an understanding of business
objectives across all web and digital properties. You are a confident and
passionate individual who can design at a high-level, driving conceptual
thinking, and routinely manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create engaging & fluid, customer focused designs with all
screen sizes in mind
- Partner with the Product Management team, other visual designers
and cross-functional creative team leaders
- Stay abreast of evolving industry and emerging trends &
- Take on small, medium and large projects
- Collaborative and excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in area of graphic design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling design
perspective, and clean aesthetic.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch with ability to
execute high-level creative designs.
- A strong understanding of user experience design.
- A strong understanding of design principles – typography, color and
- Experience building and evolving a brand for an eCommerce company
- Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- eCommerce & Mobile skills preferred
- Self-motivation to manage workload, timelines, and expectations of
multiple projects with cross-functional teams.
- Above all, must have a great sense of humor as well as
a sense of urgency.
Staples is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.