As our company slogan states, the Staples’ Supply Chain is Making Things Happen for our customers every day through our network of more than 30 warehouses, 1300 stores, and hundreds of delivery trucks. And even though we already operate the best supply chain in our industry, we need talented individuals like you to help us leverage advanced analytics and optimization algorithms to achieve breakthrough performance levels.
• The Manager Supply Chain Network Projects & Analytics is responsible for applying analytical methods to improve decision-making across the Staples’ Supply Chain
• Using mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization, the individual will play an important role in the tactical execution of optimal or near-optimal solutions to complex decision-making problems
• These problems will come from all parts of the Staples’ Supply Chain and will include challenges like:
o Developing inventory management procurement strategies that minimize Staples’ investment in inventory while achieving or exceeding service-level targets
o Refining the Staples’ logistics network strategy to ensure facility locations and store / customer assignments are optimized to improve service and reduce cost
• The resource will accomplish these objectives by leading a team of Staples Associates and third party vendors (as appropriate), and will focus on executing these projects on time, within budget, and to established success criteria.
• The Manager Supply Chain Network Projects & Analytics is responsible for leading the team responsible for building tools required for making Re-stocking & De-stocking decisions across the NAD FC network. This involves delivering assigned projects focused on improving the Merchandise Planning & Inventory Management (MP&IM) organization’s ability to conduct validation of Network projects, improving Inventory productivity through flow path optimization efforts, and ensuring appropriate actions are taken in response.
• Due to the diverse nature of this position, the Manager Supply Chain Network Projects & Analytics must possess strong technical and analytical skills, project management & leadership skills, and facilitation / collaboration skills. This resource will also be directly leading, mentoring, and coaching other members of the team to ensure tools being built and the analysis performed using those tools by the team is sound, and can be executed upon. Responsible for the effective execution of Network Projects both individually as well as for direct reports.
• This role reports to the Director of Network Planning & Optimization.
• Apply analytical methods to solve complex, data-driven business problems that will ultimately have a direct impact on the Staple’s bottom-line
• Communicate results to management as needed
• Research, design, and implement data models and innovative algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to realize actionable results
• This role will be directly or indirectly supporting all functional areas within the Staples’ Supply Chain
• Lead a high performing Team of Project Managers and Analysts