The Associate Manager, eComm Business Development is a key member of the business development team, supporting new business partnerships, focused on sales growth, customer acquisition, innovation, and customer experience for the eCommerce division of Staples. This critical position will support the Sr. Manager of Business Development, working closely with external partners and other internal teams to identify & evaluate opportunities drive execution, and support reporting and analytics.
§ Assist Sr. Manager with the management of monetization programs across all business units including but not limited to the flow of site monetization campaigns, (i.e. approvals, creative, reporting, driving new placements /functionality ) & day to day maintenance to achieve business objectives and goals
§ Work with Product Management and IT to:
o Deliver against new & existing program implementations
o Support & Streamline the Monetization program roadmap
§ Identify and rollout new programs, products, or process efforts (creative, technical, analytical, etc.) to support overall program strategy
Point of contact and management of
§ Become an internal & external advocate for strategic partnerships. Build relationships across the company, actively communicating program progress, and learning about other potential resources.
§ Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver new & optimized customer experiences to drive program growth.
§ Drive reporting and analytics efforts, including ongoing communications
o Optimization of programs through analytics and site testing
o Deliver on-going reporting of partnership initiatives,
o Identification & prioritization of opportunities
o Partner with site testing team to define & determine most effective assortment, customer experience, traffic exposure, and other opportunities to drive partnership value
§ Benchmark program across other leading ecommerce sites to identify new opportunities and trends
• Bachelor’s degree in Ecommerce, Marketing, Finance, Business Administration, or Operations
• 4-6 years applicable work experience (product management, etc)
• Strong teamwork skills and proven ability to partner across an organization to get stuff done.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
• Passion for working with external partners and growing businesses.
• Strong analytic skills and data-driven approach.
• Exceptional detail orientation, project management, and follow-through.
• Ability to operate in fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
• Overall, a highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, problem solver who enjoys working with partners.
• Experience in e-commerce, including business development, project management
• Experience developing and implementing go-to-market strategies for project optimization
• Ability to lead tactically as well as strategically
• Successful track record leading complex projects and delivering results within matrix
• Ability to research, quantify and analyze business opportunities using variety of data sources (i.e. internet, trade publications, financial statements, industry conference, professional network)
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.