Performs various furniture service duties including: delivery, assembly, installation, repair and service of warranty and non-warranty office furniture. Reports to Supervisor, Furniture Installation or Manager, Furniture Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads furniture orders onto truck and delivers product to customer. Completes furniture assembly/installation as per installation specifications to meet customer satisfaction. Inspects furniture for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Installs all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems. This includes placement, leveling, wipe-down, and touch-up of metal and wood furniture at customer location.
- Maintains an efficient two-day turn-around on all furniture repair service calls. Completes all required furniture service/repair paperwork (warranty or non-warranty).
- Unloads incoming furniture trucks using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack).
- Follows all safety procedures in the performance to job duties.
- Daily interaction with customers, market furniture staff, and warehouse furniture management.
Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to read and construction blueprints and CAD installation drawings
Basic computer skills
Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports.
Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
Good knowledge of metro area
Valid driver’s license
Knowledgeable in the operation of warehouse equipment and lightweight tools (i.e., use of a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to install and/or repair furniture).
Excellent customer service skills, conducting customer contact in a professional and courteous manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience assembling and servicing furniture required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving a delivery truck also required.
- Experience in using hand and electrical tools to assemble furniture.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; be at least 21 years of age
- Read and speak the English language sufficient to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Must be D.O.T. certified with a good driving record and physically qualified to drive by passing a DOT physical.
- Good knowledge of area.
- Prefer experience driving lightweight trucks.
- Prior experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment.
- On-the-job training for pallet jack and OSHA training for stand-up lift is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry between 70 to 100 pounds. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exist the truck throughout the day. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Activities include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble, install or repair furniture.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drives delivery routes in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly operates warehouse equipment and lightweight tools. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.