Part of the Staples Customer Service organization, the Business Intelligence and CS Reporting team works closely with functional business users and project teams to identify Business Intelligence needs. The Business Intelligence (BI) Ad Hoc Specialist is designed for individuals with a strong aptitude for data gathering, reading data and critical thinking skills. The role will be part of the Customer Service Business Intelligence and Reporting Team and will report to the Manager, Ad Hoc and Data Quality
- A key duty is to fulfill ad-hoc requests from customers. These requests include data questions, data pulls and development of manual reports using common tools such as excel. The BI Ad Hoc Specialist would investigate the data to find what the root cause is and insight on how to correct it.
- Provide data and information for business customers through the creation of reports and queries using SQL and tools such as excel, MS access or small BI tools such as Toad or Hyperion.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of databases and applications used by the organization. Become a subject matter expert with the data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business metrics and data points. Your expertise will be from both a business and technical perspective.
- Create technical and maintenance documentation for reports as needed.
- Query a variety of data sources to create ad-hoc and permanent reporting. A key tool used for this activity is Alteryx.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Associate or Technical Degree or a minimum of 1 year working in an Information Technology discipline.
- Experience querying relational databases and working with dimensional models (MS Access is acceptable)
- The ability to accurately create complex SQL queries
- Excellent eye for detail
- Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced, customer centric environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with call center technologies such as Avaya, Kana, Aspect, Moxie, etc.
- Experience development of reports
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.