Manager, Engineering eComm - Nexus
In this role, you will be an Engineering Manager for the Staples Global SDS team managing initiatives in the Customer Service domain leading a newly developed custom platform (Nexus).
As a key leadership role, the Nexus Engineering Manager is accountable for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software releases for the Nexus platform while participating in defining the strategy for the product development team by driving initiatives that deliver on the business vision.
- Work together with the Customer Service team to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Manage a team of Software Engineers developing the platform
- Responsibility for daily systems administration of the platform.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and other areas of IT for understanding the system’s functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with the Product Management in defining the Product Vision
- Work in an agile environment and provide necessary leadership support to drive scrum activities
- Provide a software development plan that meets the future needs of our partners and markets, based on the state-of-the-art technologies
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed
- Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues
- Monitor individual employees’ performance
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Ensure technical design reviews and code reviews are performed for projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field) or 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge and background of Customer Service
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Relevant experience with web services and REST
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- Extensive knowledge of business processes concentrated around E-Commerce applications
- Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.