Architect, Software Engineer eComm - Nexus
Architect Software Engineers partner with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for Customer Service. This position focuses on the design, development, and support of a new custom developed platform to streamline and improve the Customer Service experience.
- Design, develop and support the Nexus platform throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Integrating live service providers (chat, voice, IVR, AI) using web services
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Solves project risks and tactical problems involving complex technical issues across multiple disciplines and work effectively to mitigate them
- Lead Customer Service product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team member
- Investigates new design and/or analytical methodologies, techniques, and tools and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures optimal application performance within area of technical and application expertise. Assesses and recommends solutions to maintain overall application health.
- Works with engineering management to develop departmental business models, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures.
- Maintains a profound understanding of engineering and business domain strategies.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Math or related field.
- 8-10 years of total experience.
- Angular 2/4 hands-on experience
- Object-oriented application development in a Java environment
- Mico-service development
Essential Skills (Competencies) Required:
- Analysis – Analyze Problems & Issues
- Decision-Making – Exercise Insightful Judgment
- Planning – Establish Group Plans
- Managing Execution – Work Effectively & Efficiently
- Managing and Improving Process – Establish Best Practices
- Strategic Thinking – Support Strategy
- Innovation – Leverage Innovation
- Focus on Service - Anticipate Service Needs
- Influencing – Influence Others
- Collaboration – Promote Collaboration
- Communication – Write and Speak with Impact
- Listening – Listen Attentively
- Building Relationships – Build Relationships
- Leveraging Diversity – Understand & Respect Differences
- Results Orientation – Drive for Results
- Adaptability – Adapt Productively
- Plan and Manage Projects – Manage Basic Projects
- Discover, Analyze and Define Requirements – Lead Requirement Definition
- Design Systems – Design Complex Subsystems
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.