We are looking for a Enterprise/Domain Architect to join the next generation global architecture team supporting our SDS eCommerce, Merchandising, Marketing, Data Sciences and Customer Services teams. To be part of this high achieving team, you need to be someone that has an abundance of technical knowledge/experience, intellectual curiosity, be a self- motivated achiever who is excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. You will work with both the business and engineering teams to innovate and deliver, leveraging cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced agile environment that offers plenty of opportunities to fail and learn. Our vision is to bring a world-class digital experience to all of our customers throughout North America.
As a member of the Architecture group you would:
- Establish Reference architectures, Blueprints, Play Books, Best Practices, Design patterns, Standards, etc.
- Provide detailed assessment of solutions to feed into a newly defined governance process while providing consultation to product and engineering teams
- Align technology strategy with the business strategic vision from an architecture perspective.
- Drive architectural initiatives that provide business benefits and improve efficiency
- Influence the adoption of evolving microservices in the global commerce platform.
- Participate and provide inputs to governance mechanisms with PaaS & CaaS.
- Advise all areas of the enterprise on architecture concepts and principles
- Evaluate and select platform technologies and open-source components to enable platform build-out and solve engineering problems.
- Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features for our global web properties.
- Provide design directives to software engineers, including how to construct and integrate software components in order to meet all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Establish strategic direction for development approaches, tools, process & frameworks.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to software engineers
- Maintains strong architectural expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products, and evaluates for both general and specific usage
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Math or related field.
- 7-10 years of total experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience on Java/Spring for large customer facing web properties.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize unstructured information and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of distributed systems architecture and cloud technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and microservices.
- Strong understanding of application security standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, threading and modularization.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Math or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with the Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, Ribbon, Hystrix).
- Experience building e-commerce platforms using off-the-shelf and open source frameworks.
- Experience in agile methodologies.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.