Product Delivery Specialist / Starting $16.25 - $19.25 / FT / M-F / 7am - 3:30pm / San Diego, CA
Perform manual and system tasks to support inbound and outbound products/services delivery operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas: put away, staging, loading, shipping. Delivery and pickup of products, perform specialized delivery service including Same Day/2 hour delivery from Store, FRESH program, Rush/Returns/Restock. Performs work under the direction of Supervisor, Delivery Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and load product for delivery
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Complete product assembly/installation/delivery as per direction to meet customer satisfaction
- Inspect product for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Deliver product as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse; update manifest with reason codes
- Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate; inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Assist in pick-up of palletized products for return at Retail store locations, loads onto vehicle, and unloads pallets and sorts products at warehouse, and may be required to re-load on different vehicle
- Assist in various aspects of basic install/product delivery which may include supporting free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems
- Unload incoming furniture and product trucks using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack)
- Follow all safety procedures in the performance to job duties
- Daily interaction with customers, Product Services leadership team and warehouse management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records
- Must be D.O.T. certified with a good driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use a measuring tape
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Good knowledge of metro area
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledgeable in the operation of warehouse equipment and lightweight tools (i.e., use of a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to install and/or repair furniture).
- Excellent customer service skills, conducting customer contact in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good knowledge of area
- Prior experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment
- On-the-job training for pallet jack and OSHA training for stand-up lift is required
- Prefer experience driving lightweight trucks
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard). Regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Employee will be required to safely drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.