This position’s primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to Staples 46,000+ associates and business partners by utilizing knowledge of multi-state payroll processing laws and requirements.
- Process Service Now requests submitted by HR Services and business partners in the field while meeting or exceeding all service level agreements.
- Process and investigate stop payment requests and direct deposit inquiries.
- Process ACH reversal requests.
- Monitor and resolve items listed on the daily ACH kickback report.
- Calculate and process retroactive payments for associate merit increases.
- Initiation of overpayment procedures to include calculation and payroll deductions in accordance with individual state requirements.
- Processing of payroll adjustments via daily off cycle payment requests in accordance with individual state requirements.
- Process termination pay in accordance with individual state laws and company policy.
- Input, audit and balance on cycle payroll adjustments to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Print, sort and distribute paychecks / reports
- Research and resolve payroll related inquiries for various business partners.
- Maintain accurate electronic payroll records.
- Complete special projects as assigned by department management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced / high volume environment
- Ability to meet critical deadlines on a daily basis
- Must be customer focused and possess good interpersonal skills
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience
- Associates or technical degree
- Payroll processing experience preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.