Assoc Product Manager – Marketing Landing Pages
Staples’ is the #2 web business in sales volume in the North America and Staples.com has been the market leader in making it easy to buy office supplies online. Staples Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, Inc., is the largest of all our online businesses and serves organizations of 20 or more employees all the way up to the Fortune 1000 - including local, state and federal government, healthcare organizations and educational institutions. In support of our Corporate 20/20 Strategy, Staples is making aggressive investments to push our eCommerce experience to new levels in desktop, mobile and omni-channel commerce.
The Associate Product Manager, Landing Pages will join a growing Global eCommerce team tasked with planning and managing the Staples Advantage and Staples.com eCommerce site of the future. The vision for this team is to bring world-class eCommerce and Product Management expertise to the business, drive online sales, and grow SMB Lifetime Value in Solutions & Services.
The Associate Product Manager, Landing Pages will be responsible for defining a world-class and innovative customer experience and driving the 20/20 roadmap for Staples Advantage and Staples.com programs. The aim of these programs is to engage and acquire Mid-Market customers at digital scale, growing Mid-Market Programs and Lifetime Value
The position holder will do this by leveraging his/her strong understanding of ecommerce technologies and trends, listening to customer feedback, benchmarking against other B2B leading sites, understanding stakeholder priorities, addressing un-met customer needs, and seizing market opportunities to define exceptional online solutions. Given the highly strategic and cross-channel nature of this role, the successful individual must possess a unique combination of structured strategic thinking, passion and curiosity for technology, as well as strong leadership and collaboration skills.
· Assist with developing and maintaining strategic site marketing roadmap for Staples Advantage and Staples.com products, solutions & services.
- Work with product teams to help develop the near, mid and long term holistic capabilities strategy with a strong focus on revenue growth and cost reduction
- Collaborate with marketing and merchandising partners to align on site marketing strategy / capabilities for seasonal campaigns
- Act as a liaison for stakeholders to ensure alignment of product roadmap to Corporate 20/20 business goals
- Provide analysis and assessment of existing site experiences (utilizing VOC, industry trends, and incorporating business stakeholder feedback)
- Assist with the prioritization of ecommerce requests and drive execution of product roadmap and backlog items
Drive execution of online strategies and capabilities, including
- Collaborating with a broad group of stakeholders, including Merchandising, UX, Sales Operations, Customer Care and other Product teams to ensure roadmaps are aligned across domains and business units
- Improvement of ecommerce experience through development of new and innovative solutions and product capabilities
- Providing input into future platform decisions and product roadmap priorities
- Leading cross functional, cross channel teams to manage through this transformation from strategy creation to multi-phase, multi-year program execution
Drive broad organizational engagement in initiatives through
- Passionate, inspired leadership
- Building strong internal relationships across engineering teams and business units across Staples
- Regular, impactful communication of priorities, progress and impact to executive leadership and stakeholders
- Developing processes to listen, learn and incorporate customer feedback in all Staples.com products and across other digital vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of online product management, ecommerce, information technology, merchandising and / or online marketing experience
- Demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with business and technical teams to deliver results
- Knowledge of B2B ecommerce, industry trends, and technologies
- Customer-centric orientation with proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights
- Experience with market research, competitive analysis, and usability testing.
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results with a cross-functional team
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate to the senior executive levels and cross functional teams