Sr. Software Engineer - ecommerce
Senior Software Engineers eCommerce partner with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the eCommerce platform. This position focuses on the design, development, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce business solutions.
Senior Software Engineers eCommerce create and/or modify moderate to highly complex solutions that meet the expectations of stakeholders. They have a good knowledge of web application systems.
- Design, develop and support eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead eCommerce product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Full stack Java developer capable of building front-end and backend components
· Be responsible for creating the technical approach of projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle.
· Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment.
· Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues.
· Ability to translate requirements into a technical approach
· Accurately estimate engineering effort, participate in defect meetings and participate in implementations
· Identify technical risks and effectively know when to raise them and when to handle them
- Object-oriented application development in a Java environment,
- Outstanding communication Skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Java/Spring and AngularJS
- 3 - 5+ years of hands on experience working with web technologies such as HTML5, Java script, CSS, and AJAX.
- Experience working with relational databases and data driven applications in a multi-tiered environment.
- Experience using Spring Framework and ReactJS
- Experience using and creating APIs.
- Strong ability to collaborate with enterprise level cross functional technical teams to design and deliver scalable solutions.
- Can effectively and efficiently work both independently and as leader within a cross functional team.
- Ability and desire to be part of a high performing team.
- Encourages innovation and willing to take risks.
- Ability to design code and test major features.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong drive in ensuring code quality and inspiring fellow team mates to do the same
- Experience in agile development methodologies