Senior Software Engineer eComm
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the next generation global commerce platform team.
To be part of this high achieving team you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, a self- motivated achiever, and excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. Our vision is to bring world-class e-Commerce expertise not only to Staples.com but also to our other web businesses in North American and globally across 26 countries over time.
- Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features.
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams such as Product Management, Release Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Develop industry and product technical expertise by following and championing development best practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of total experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience on Java & Spring technologies
- 2 years of experience with a database technology such as Oracle
- 2 years of experience with NoSQL data stores.
- 2 years of experience with RESTful services and JSON
- 2 years of experience using a distributed version control system such as GIT
- Solid unit testing and automated testing practices.
- High proficiency in design patterns.
- Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with Authentication & Authorization, RBAC
- Experience working with Netflix OSS technologies such as Eureka, Hystrix, Zuul
- Experience with Docker in a CI/CD environment.
- Prior experience working in an Ecommerce company
Staples, Inc. is the world’s third largest internet retailer. We are a Fortune 500 company generating more than $23 billion is sales with operations in 25 counties offering world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities.
At the very core of Staples is an entrepreneurial spirit – we live and breathe the energy of an ever-changing, positive-thinking, fast-moving company. It’s our mission to make more happen for associates, local communities and even the planet — through programs, policies and the values we live by.