Overnight Class 5 Driver (starting at $19.55 with a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Line Haul Driver hours would be 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. Driver would be responsible for helping palletize, load and off load pallets in both warehouses using MHE equipment. Driver would drive a 5 ton truck between our Vancouver and Richmond Buildings. Other job duties would include loading of fleet trucks.
- Organize and load pallets for delivery
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Load delivery fleet vehicles
- Engage in safe work practices
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 32 kilograms by hand or may use dolly type equipment to load trucks. Employee will regularly drive a 5 ton truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the night.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive from building to building in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Clean driver abstract with no “major moving violations” (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable provincial law)
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Ability to drive in all kinds of weather and road conditions, safely
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be a team player
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 32 kilograms
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment
- Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 16 ft. or longer straight
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience with electric pallet jack preferred
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.