Associate Loss Prevention
• Complete bag checks and use handheld metal detectors for associates exiting the facility
• Monitor entrance to ensure all visitors are authorized, logged in and escorted
• Monitor CCTV system and respond to incidents, where applicable
• Conduct audits, inspections and incident investigations as directed
• Conduct daily check of the CCTV, Burglary/Fire alarm system and Access control systems to ensure they function appropriately
• Monitor parking lot areas to ensure no unauthorized visitors/vehicles or unlawful activity
• Notify emergency personnel (police/fire) in the event of an emergency.
• Answer facility phones as required
• Perform other duties as instructed by the LP Manager
Essential Guard Shack functions include but not limited to:
• Log inbound/outbound trailers
• Ability to Direct trailers to designated location
• Ability to use Bolt Cutters to cut trailer seals
• Ability to utilize company windows based PC
• In gating of trailers via AS400 computer software program -researching delivery PO’s and appointment numbers
• Utilization of instant message software to receive/deliver trailer moves
• Two way radio communication to guide yard movements
• Phone communication with receiving and shipping personnel
• The application of truck seals on inbound and out bound loads
• The removal of pad locks from trailer doors
• Opening trailer doors
• Climbing into trailers to ensure outbound loads going to the correct delivery destination by Verifying shipping label on pallets.
• Handheld metal detector
• Burglary/Fire Alarm system
• Access Control system
• Bolt cutters
• Two way radio
Requirements include but not limited to:
§ Must be flexible in shift as hours may vary due to business needs
§ Must be well-organized
§ Must have excellent telephone and customer service skills
§ Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
§ Ability to work effectively with people at all levels and the ability to convey a positive and professional image to all associates and staff.
§ Must be highly dependable and be able to maintain confidentiality.
§ Must have good Attendance
§ Computer skills including MS Word, Access, Excel
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 6 mos. + experience in Loss Prevention/Security Service
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.