Account Executive, Facilities Solutions - Richmond, VA
As one of the leading national cleaning and maintenance programs in the country, Staples Facility Solutions offers a wide assortment of janitorial and cleaning supplies, including their exclusive line of Sustainable Earth by Staples eco-conscious cleaners. With more than 15 years of industry experience, the Staples Facility Solutions’ nationwide team consults with business-to-business customers to create a customized solution, helping with product selection, usage, and training. Staples Facility Solutions is focused on delivering the best customer experience and the best service to support their needs. More information is available at http://www.staplesadvantage.com/facility-solutions/.
The Facilities Supplies Specialist is responsible for developing relationships and penetrating Facility Supplies (Jan/San, Break Room and Safety) sales primarily in existing Strategic, Large and Mid-Market accounts within a geographic territory. The FSS serves as the subject matter expert for his/her assigned sales representatives and works with them to access and persuade jan/san, break room, and/or safety buyers. The FSS is the key point of contact within the market regarding the Facilities Supplies Program.
- Works with their Sales Manager to develop Facility Supplies (Jan/San) sales strategies for their assigned territory/market
- Trains and coaches OP sales representatives on Facility products, processes, and buyers to increase their ability to access, persuade and close Facilities business
- Conducts joint sales calls with sales reps to assist them in closing the sale
- Participation in current account business reviews to introduce Facility Supplies and increase revenue while adding value to the account
- Provides expertise and input to the corporate-wide Facility Supplies program regarding product selection, training and issue resolution
- Achieve jan/san – break room – safety revenue and gross margin targets in defined market
- Achieve retention and penetration of jan/san – break room – safety targets in existing OP accounts and new Facility accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years experience selling preferred in at least one of the following disciplines: Jan/San, break room, and/or safety products or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive knowledge of Jan/San, break room, and/or safety products also required
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of Jan/San products and services
- Training and/or demonstration experience, both internal and end-user strongly preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.