Product Service Specialist - Van Driver / NEW PAY RATE $16.95/Hour / FT / M-F / 7:00am - 3:30pm / La Mirada, CA
Perform manual and system tasks to support inbound and outbound products/services delivery operations while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas: put away, staging, loading and shipping. May be required to support and assemble “make ready” products. Delivery and pickup of products ranging from OP, BOSS, Specialized services offerings (Same Day, 2-Hr delivery from store, returns/rush). Performs work under the direction of Supervisor, Delivery Operations. Delivery vehicle and all necessary equipment provided by Staples.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Follow all safety procedures in performance of job duties
- Organize and load product for delivery
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Complete product delivery, assembly and/or installation as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse
- Update manifest with reason codes as required
- Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Inspects products for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Assist in various aspects of basic install/product delivery which may include supporting free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems
- Unload incoming furniture and product trucks using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack) as required
- Daily interaction with customers, Product Services leadership team, and warehouse management
- High School Diploma or GED require
- 1 – 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- No “major moving violations” (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable state law)
- Ability to navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions
- Ability to work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use a measuring tape
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Knowledgeable in the operation of warehouse equipment and lightweight tools (i.e., use of a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to install and/or repair products as required.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Prior furniture installation experience
- Previous light truck experience
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type equipment
- Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard). Regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Activities include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble, install or repair furniture.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Employee will be required to safely drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.