Account Executive - Ship & Pack (Baltimore, MD or DC)
Responsible for all aspects of new account acquisition including prospecting, presenting, quoting, proposal generation and on-going customer support. In addition, this role is responsible for the retention and growth of assigned/acquired existing accounts as well as partnering with our Business Development and Account Management Teams to penetrate existing accounts with the Shipping and Packing Supply category. This includes account stewardship, margin enhancement activities and penetration of account for additional shipping and packaging supply categories. Product focus is stock/custom shipping and packaging supplies and solutions. Machine sales and service will also be a focus for the rep. Responsible for overall profitability of assigned accounts and acquired customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase sales within current accounts and newly acquired accounts. Responsibilities include: customer meetings, price presentations, business reviews, margin enhancement, brainstorming and strategizing with Account Management/Business Development and overall customer stewardship.
- Prospect for new customers in target categories. Obtain and attend initial and secondary prospect meetings, conduct capabilities presentations, develop pricing and proposals, present pricing and conduct negotiations.
- Actively review and manage customer margins by proposing alternative solutions and value added services. Introduce packaging solutions to create efficiencies for customers.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Industry experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
- Coach ability
- Curiosity (a desire to find out why customers behave the way they do)
- Presentation skills
- Emotional Intelligence (and knowing your strengths and weaknesses)