Delivery Driver - Day Shift - 1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Please Note: This position is based out of our Fulfillment Centre in Richmond.
The Delivery Driver is a vital member of our customer service team delivers office supplies on an assigned route to Staples customer accounts meeting internal schedule and quality standards. The Delivery driver will provide customer service to customers by assisting with problem resolution and accepting product returns as needed. Mobile POD experience would be an asset but not required.
- Organize and load product for delivery in order to assure the most efficient delivery route and schedule
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Delivering product as per customer requirements (i.e. 2nd Floor, Receiving, or Reception, etc.) obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, complete appropriate paperwork and returns to warehouses; place product in return area with appropriate documentation and update manifest with reason codes
- Address and resolve problems as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Work with supervisors and/or lead hands at all locations to ensure schedule is met
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Execute and perform complete and proper pre and post trip vehicle inspections, reporting any defects
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess Class 5 Drivers license with a good driving record
- Must have good knowledge of route area
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Experience in dealing with customers face to face
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
- Must work independently with little supervision
- Work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds regularly
- Work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Organizes and manages time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Recognized as a team player and can create positive working relationships
- Previous light truck experience
- 1-2 years of experience as a Delivery Driver
- Experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 32 kilograms by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard).
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.