Associate UI Creative Designer
Staples is the largest provider of office products and the second largest e-tailer in the world. Staples brings technology and people together in innovative ways to consistently deliver products, services and expertise that elevate and delight customers. Staples is in business with businesses and is passionate about empowering people to become true professionals at work. Headquartered outside Boston, Staples offers a diverse and inclusive work environment for our 90,000 associates in 27 countries around the world.
We are looking for a UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate will have an eye for clean and compelling designs, feel comfortable translating high-level requirement and interaction flows and transform them into clean, intuitive and on-brand user interfaces.
At Staples, you will have the opportunity to apply your UX design skills to multiple projects with a focus on creative problem solving, tackling complex user experience problems and execution of design solutions. You will work closely with other members of the UI design team, as well as UX Architects and Researchers.
As an integral part of the UX team you will be working on projects supporting Staples.com, Staples Business Advantage, mobile web/applications and in store properties. This role can be based out of the Framingham, MA Headquarters.
- Collaborating with UX, product management, engineering and marketing to help define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Deliver visual designs for new and current product and features.
- Execute and document all visual design stages including mockups, design specifications, redlines and some prototypes.
- Balance multiple projects concurrently with a high degree of organization and execution.
- Ensure consistent experiences across multiple features to align directly with business requirements.
- Promote and contribute to the establishment of design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Work closely with UX Architects to establish and enhance user interactions.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
- Remain up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
- 1-3 years of professional experience designing for interactive online experiences, including web and mobile experience. eCommerce experience is a plus.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, including engaging, compelling design perspective, and clean aesthetic.
- Strong visual design sense,
- Experience with responsive design methods and development of design interactions and material design.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and related tools.
- Attention to Detail is a must!
- Experience with designing & prototyping UI Animations.
- A strong understanding of user experience design & design principles – typography, color and layout.
- Experience building and evolving a brand for an eCommerce company
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- eCommerce & Mobile skills preferred
- Self-motivation to manage workload, timelines, and expectations of multiple projects with cross-functional teams.
- Above all, must have a great sense of humor as well as a sense of urgency.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Visual Design or a related field.
- ADA (American Disability Acts)/Section 508 Compliance design experience
About our team
We’re a passionate and collaborative user experience team dedicated to putting the customer first and working to meet the needs of the business and our stakeholders. Teamwork is of utmost importance, while we focus on the core problems, remain nimble and agile, and raise the bar on our customer experience!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.