Maintenance Tech III - Full-Time - 7am-7pm - Hagerstown, MD
· Repair and maintain all conveyor systems
· Respond to all work orders related to Intelligrated conveyor system
· Perform preventative maintenance on all lift equipment and conveyor systems
· Ensure that an appropriate in-house supply of parts is available
· Examine and maintains protective guards and other safety devices on all equipment and makes adjustments as necessary
· Perform general maintenance of all facility equipment
· Enter work order, work log, and parts information into the computer system
· Assist where needed in the facility
· Repair and maintain hydraulic systems, dock door and leveling equipment, racking systems, plumbing systems, sprinkler systems, air compressor and dryer equipment, and pneumatics
· Perform general construction work including rough in, drywall, etc.
· Interface with vendors as required
· Operate Electrical testing equipment
· Other duties as assigned by lead or supervisor
- High School education or equivalent
- Experience in forklift maintenance, conveyor maintenance or a related field
- Mechanical, Electrical or Electro mechanical aptitude
- Ability to weld
- Proven computer literate
- Ability to work with AC voltage up to and including 480VAC 3 phase
- Ability to perform maintenance on Industrial Batteries, including watering, washing, testing and repair
- Ability to lift, push or pull items weighing 70 pounds to 100 pounds
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and pneumatics
- Forklift certification as provided by Staples
- Military or Trade school background
- Computer knowledge helpful
Work / Physical Conditions:
- Work at heights up to 60 feet
- Exposure to dust and fumes from grinding and welding
- Exposure to vibration from power tools
- Exposure to hot surfaces from welding
- Chemical Conditions:
o Battery Acid
o Cleaning Solvents
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations
· While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment
· Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.