Warehouse Associate - Bulk Picker Full-Time 11:30am - 7:00pm - Richmond, BC
This position is based out of our Richmond Distribution Centre at 14260 Know Way, V6V 2Z7
Previous MHE experience preferred but not necessary.
Performs system and/or manual tasks to support outbound operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas; staging, loading, shipping. Perform duties of a Yard Shunt Driver. Performs work under the direction of warehouse lead, supervisor or manager.
- Performs the following WMS processes to support outbound operations
- Resolves common daily discrepancies or issues.
- Processes outbound orders as necessary.
- Prioritizes and processes customer orders on night shift, ensuring truck departure timelines are met.
- Performs variety of lookups and research to support functional area.
- Performs the following non-system outbound tasks.
- Sorts and loads customer orders by route and stop sequence number identified on shipping label.
- Performs basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
- Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Daily interaction with co-workers, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
- Shunting of trucks to loading doors
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
- Works in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid G Drivers License
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful
- Need to have good math, writing and reading skills
- Proficiency in warehouse operations and WMS
- Product knowledge
- Math skills
- Good judgment
- Problem-solving skills
- Limited data entry skills
- Able to listen to verbal instructions
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
- Must be a team player
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment