Principal Software Engineer eComm
Staples Applications and Data Science(ADS) team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer, who is responsible for driving innovation for e-commerce search and discovery. The individual will build capabilities for improving discovery experience. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to directly impact strategic planning and future directionality of core customer experience technologies.
- Partner with Business Units, Product Development, and Product Management teams to identify and work on high-impact projects utilizing latest cutting-edge web technologies
- Design, develop and support eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Solves project risks and tactical problems involving complex technical issues across multiple disciplines and work effectively to mitigate them
- Lead eCommerce product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team member
- Investigates new design and/or analytical methodologies, techniques, and tools and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures optimal application performance within area of technical and application expertise. Assesses and recommends solutions to maintain overall application health.
- Works with engineering management to develop departmental business models, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures.
- Maintains a profound understanding of engineering and business domain strategies.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field) or 6-8 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with object-oriented application development in a Java environment.
- Experience and understanding of Development lifecycle
- Strong experience building enterprise class ecommerce applications
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Good Understanding of agile methodologies Scrum/KanBan etc
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives
- Ability to foster innovation among team members and drive best practices
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills