Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Analytics team is looking for Business Intelligence and data industry experts with the unique capability to bridge the gap between business and technology. The mission of the EDM organization is to provide efficient access to reliable data for making fast and confident decisions to the organization. The group develops strategies and maintains systems across Staples’ business units and this framework supports decisions that help ensure the long-term success of the organization.
If you are someone who enjoys Business Intelligence, data analytics, and designing visual innovative analytical solutions in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on translating business requirements into reporting solutions that move the business forward, this job may be for yours! As an integral part of the EDM Analytics team, this position will promote the use and impact of Tableau, MicroStrategy and various other data analytical tools. It will support a global vision of corporate tool usage and drive that vision in cohesive partnership with our customers. Solicit feedback from users on enhancements that drive efficiency and effectiveness. Tasks will include facilitating meetings with business partners, collecting requirements, design dashboard mockups, developing data source models and data flows and develop visual interactive and actionable dashboards and reports for our business partners.
- Your primary focus will be designing and developing analytical, interactive and actionable dashboards that consume large amounts of information and distill it into simple yet engaging and useful visualizations.
- Understands the methodologies and technologies that depict the flow of data within and between technology systems and business functions/operation
- Act as integral liaison between Tableau Community and EDM department for trouble shooting and issue resolution through key business contacts and strong partnerships
· Thrive on delivering applications and analysis quickly, accurately, and always exceeding customer expectations
- Consult on reporting issues and help prioritize potential improvements
- Work with multi-relational databases and execute enhancements to applications as needed to support dashboard development efficiency. (e.g. Teradata, SQL server, Oracle, Hadoop)
- BA degree in Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Business Management (or related field)
- 3+ years of experience developing dashboards, reports using Tableau desktop or Microstrategy
- 3+ years of experience with Informatica or Alteryx desktop designer
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau server
- 3+ years of experience in progressively responsible, relevant data visualization and analysis role.
- 3+ years of proficient SQL programming on multiple database platforms (Teradata, SQL server, Oracle, Hadoop)
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience
- Experience with Tableau v10x
- Experience with ETL tools preferable Informatica, Alteryx, SSIS or related tools
- Experience with Python, R or other statistical/predictive analytical tools
- Ability to present data in an intuitive way and expertise in data visualization best-practices and tools.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to present complex technical/analytical concepts to executive audience.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management experience and multi-task a must
- Ability to work independently with business partners and management to understand their needs and exceed expectations in delivering tools/solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast moving dynamic environment
- Experience in a training and support role for Tableau developer community