- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating all internal resources to validate key components of a customer’s profile and sales potential to assure accurate price quotes that are appropriate to the opportunity.
- Tracks and controls workflow from receipt through completion.
- Reviews and has access to company confidential costing.
- Keeps abreast of competitor pricing, understands value proposition of product against competition.
- Accountable to provide clear, concise, timely and accurate responses to pricing questions and requests for quotes.
- Works closely with the finance department to review analysis of successful and unsuccessful quotes to enable guidance on future pricing alternative.
- Using Quill Sales Methodology techniques to identify opportunities to increase original quote by upselling and adding-on sales
- Processes requests for quotes received directly from customers as well as internal sales team members, gathers the details, and formulates appropriate quoted price that drives high conversion while maintaining appropriate levels of profitability
- Shape and drive sales through competitive quoting and increasing company profits by understanding value proposition of products against competition and internal product offerings
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent
- 1 -2 years Sales experience
- Finance/accounting experience not required but preferred
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written
- Strong computer skills (database, spreadsheets, word processing)
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and financial aptitude skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good decision making skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.