Warehouse Associate I - Picker PAY RATE $14.95 Part-Time 2:00pm - 7:00pm, Mon-Fri - Calgary AB
Performs system and/or manual tasks to support inbound and outbound operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas; breakdown, put away, replenishment, QC, staging, loading, shipping. Monitors and maintains SKUs and locations in WMS to support efficient warehouse processing and maximize warehouse space usage. Performs work under the direction of warehouse lead, supervisor or manager.
• Performs the following WMS processes to support inbound and outbound operations.
o Receives vendor purchase orders; regular lines or special orders, or customer returns.
o Generates replenishment tasks.
o Resolves common daily discrepancies or issues.
o Processes outbound orders as necessary.
o Prioritizes and processes customer orders on night shift, ensuring truck departure timelines are met.
o Performs variety of lookups and research to support each functional area.
Performs the following non-system inbound and outbound tasks.
• Separates and labels product received, stocks product into identified locations verifying SKU and quantity accuracy.
• Picks and stocks product to complete replenishment tasks.
• Picks product for customer orders ensuring quantity and unit-of-measure (UOM) picked is equal to quantity and UOM ordered.
• Checks SKU and quantities picked for customer orders to ensure accuracy, and re-packages or wraps orders as needed.
• Sorts and loads customer orders by route and stop sequence number identified on shipping label.
Performs basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
Daily interaction with co-workers, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
• Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment. Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful.
• Need to have good math, writing and reading skills.
• Proficiency in warehouse operations and WMS
• Product knowledge
• Math skills
• Good judgment
• Problem-solving skills
• Limited data entry skills
• Able to listen to verbal instructions
• Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
• Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
• Must be a team player
• Ability to operate warehouse equipment
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-877-782-7537.