Warehouse Associate-Selector - Full-Time - 11am - 7:30pm - Sudbury, MA,New Rate $14.95/h
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse
- Check-in inbound product and tag product accordingly
- Perform various receiving functions, such as unloading trucks and putting away product in the correct overstock location
- Maintain pick locations by cutting product open and placing product in primary picking locations
- Breaks down pallets of returned product, match item quantity and description to returned packing slip and note any differences
- Organize orders to be picked in an efficient manner
- Select full case and break pack orders by pulling, stacking and labeling merchandise and bringing it to the staging area
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Follow all of the safety procedures
- Stack empty pallets; clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly
- Perform all tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Ability to work Monday – Friday (or Saturday varies by location), some weekends and holidays will be required based on business needs; flexible schedules are available
- Full-Time associates must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker helpful
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 66 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer and RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations
- While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment
- Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.