Warehouse Team Manager / 2pm Start Time, M-F / Coppell TX
The Team Manager ensures accomplishment of the DC Mission: “On Time, Accurate and Efficient Delivery of Merchandise. The Team Manager has the full responsibility of their teams/departments/shift. This includes leading their teams in ensuring the daily, weekly and monthly planning of their departments. Implement strategies that ensure the successful attainment of the teams/department/shift and DC goals
- Develop, implement, monitor and adjust operational plans to ensure daily, weekly, and monthly production requirements are met including batch completion times, batch turn times and the timely receipt and dispatch of product for all areas of responsibility. This includes ensuring interdepartmental balance of staffing coverage is maximized in achieving productivity based upon product flow and product mix.
- Direct, coach and delegate to operational supervisors (level 33 and 34) as appropriate. Develop supervisors and associates to achieve the department’s performance goals and objectives. This includes on-the-job training, coaching and giving feedback on performance, and timely writing and delivering of performance appraisals.
- Manage the departmental budgets and expenses within established guidelines to include proper labor planning and resource requirements in order to meet service level requirements, accuracy and quality goals, and controlling shrink.
- Create a safe work environment for associates. This includes ensuring the associates have the proper equipment to do their job, clean work area, and educating associates on safe ergonomic work habits.
- Train, develop and promote staff to create a pro-active, fair and consistent environment for all associates.
- Effectively lead change to ensure distribution center support for company and distribution objectives.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum experience 3-5yrs in Managerial role within Retail/Warehouse Distribution
- Working knowledge of Computer Hardware and Software
- Excellent Verbal and Communication skills
- Must be flexible in schedule/may have minimal travel
- Technical Knowledge in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) AS-400
- Previous Change Management Experience
- Proficient knowledge of Computer Software (Microsoft outlook, word and excel applications)
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.