Sales Manager - Eastern Region
- Manages, Coaches and Mentors the team to ensure successful growth targets are being met
- Provides guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely and constructive feedback to employees. 30/60/90 day action plans in place and monthly review of Optimum Performance metrics
- Manages and provides leadership including training, sales coaching, and performance evaluations
- In field coaching & side by side development sessions are conducted on a regular basis with feedback sessions to ensure ongoing sales skills development
- Facilitates or coordinates training sessions on Sales Skills, Internal processes, systems or sales methodology
- Works closely with Sales Managers of Specialty lines to ensure there are penetration and development plans in place for customers.
- Work with Marketing to ensure collateral is available that is relevant for the Team.
- Strong salesforce.com (SFDC) user; comfortable creating reporting, managing data, training associates and ensuring sales representatives are compliant with tracking key customer interaction and funnel management.
- Provide a well thought out and detailed action plan to review and achieve key business priorities
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to interface internally to the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Able to set targets and design growth plans
- Able to coach, performance manage, lead, motivate, and manage for results
- Able to interface at the most senior levels at a customer site
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong business, financial, operations, and technical acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Demonstrates strong team building attributes
- Computer literacy, including above average competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- 3 years direct management experience required
- Minimum 5 years of direct B2B selling experience
- Industry experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process
- Experienced in coaching for results, good organizational skills and demonstrated positive leadership style
- Creative selling, project management skills and strategic planning ability required
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer literacy (experience with Salesforce.com or CRM tools an asset)
- Post secondary education in business related discipline – Diploma or Degree preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.