Sr. Specialist Product Development
Develop new consumer and / or commercial products and programs and manage the quality and performance of existing products to ensure they meet or exceed the brand standards, minimize return and defective product rates and maximize customer value and satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Small Scale Product/Project Ownership
· Collaborate with Product Management, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Product Designers, Quality Control, Legal, Supply Chain, US, Europe and Asia Sourcing to define products that meet our customers’ performance and cost targets and our brand standards.
· Develop engineering product specifications using Marketing/Product Briefs as input.
· Manage project timelines and lead cross functional business team interactions through the Develop and Launch stages of the product development process.
· Ensure test protocols are developed that effectively confirm the specifications are met.
· Work with independent testing labs to test products against these protocols.
· Seek input from your supervisor to manage the risk associated with new product testing to ensure launch dates are met.
· Provide input into cost negotiations and global contract manufacturer selection process. Support activities related to manufacturing start-up and pilot run process with selected factories.
· Maintain knowledge of return and defective rates and customer comments for existing products and implement design, material, and/or specification changes to deliver product improvements. Collaborate with the Quality Manager, Merchandising, Product Management, Inventory, and if applicable, the Asia Manufacturing team to react quickly to product quality issues and to drive containment and corrective actions with the supplier.
Essential Skills Required:
· Basic knowledge of relevant products for Paper categories including materials, costs, and domestic and offshore manufacturing processes and suppliers
· 2 to 4 years of experience in a manufacturing or product development environment
· Good project management, organization, problem solving and negotiating skills
· Engineering, Business, or relevant Technical degree preferred
· Ability to achieve results while staying on schedule
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work well in a multi-functional and multi-national group and motivate team members
· Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities and to manage multiple medium-scale projects simultaneously
· Curious, creative, and a demonstrated willingness to assemble / disassemble, use, interact with, and understand the inner workings of products
· Ability to travel (North America, South America, Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia)