Outbound Warehouse Team Lead (11am-7:30pm)
Responsible to lead a team of Associates to complete the outbound orders correctly and on time. Will work with the Outbound Supervisor to ensure labour is allocated to the daily BPH targets as well to help prioritize workload.
- Direct all job tasks within the operation.
- Relocate personnel to eliminate bottlenecks and increase productivity where necessary.
- Responsible for directive workforce to meet workload to achieve all required functions before the end of shift. Hands on back up of shift activities to ensure all shift responsibilities are completed daily.
- Resolve production and personnel issues during shift.
- Report problems to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Correct in conjunction with the Shift Supervisor and resolve employee productivity and quality problems.
- Administer company policies.
- Secure building both during and at end of the shift.
- Duties listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all- inclusive.
- Ensure all Health and safety guidelines are enforced and concerns resolved.
- Ensure housekeeping standards and equipment maintenance.
- Represent the FC and Staples in a positive and professional manner.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience
- MHE certification and experience with Order Selector and Reach trucks, nice to have
- Ability to influence Associates and delegate the workload accordingly.
- Ability to understand department metrics and use these to effectively deploy resources
- Flexibility with start and finish times depending on business needs and vacation coverage
- Flexibility to stay late during periods of heavier workload
- Working knowledge of warehouse Operations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to work with others and create positive working relationships.
- Detail oriented and able to utilize problem- solving skills.
- Product knowledge an asset.
Physical Demands / Working conditions
- Work within time constraints in a fast paced warehouse environment.
- Required to lift, lower and carry materials up to and including 70 lbs.