Warehouse Trainer, Full Time, 8am - 4:30pm, Mon - Fri
This position will support the achievement of facility goals and objectives by ensuring the associates are adequately trained and prepared to execute job responsibilities. The Trainers are responsible for administering the associate development programs to new and existing associates.
- Administer training to new hires and core associates. Trainers will facilitate OJT training, classroom training, one-on-one training, MHE training, Best Practices, department safety training, facility tours, retraining, break periods, and more.
- Keep training materials and curriculum current in respect to changes in Standard Operating Procedures and Policy changes.
- Follow up in a timely and professional manner with mentors, new hires, and leaders to determine training effectiveness and collaborate on new ideas to improve training.
- Work with supervisors to determine training needs and follow-up training needs.
- Provide regular feedback to supervisor regarding status of training initiatives.
- Serve as meet and greet contact for new associates.
- Handle operational concerns/questions regarding training on an individual basis with integrity, consistency, and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Motivate and encourage associates to achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Investigate and find the cause to training issues and suggest solutions to the departmental goals.
- Ensure a safe operating environment is maintained at all times.
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates and manages in a cooperative, constructive manner.
- Perform other duties as required
Standard location schedules apply. During peak times, overtime may be required or scheduled.
Equipment & Tools Utilized
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification in all material handling equipment in the facility is required.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic reading, writing and math skills, good verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Basic understanding and functionality of Staples training systems
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve; ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively and constructively resolve conflict
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.